- In 1981 Philip began his career at Anglovaal Mining Corporation where he was qualified as a mining engineer. He has since accumulated 36 years’ experience in the mining industry, having held positions at AngloGold Ashanti, Kalahari Goldridge Mining, Harmony Gold Mining Company, and Deloitte & Touche.
- He has served on the executive level of mining companies since 1996 and has distinguished himself as a turn-around specialist. Philip joined Anooraq Resources Corporation, a public company listed on TSX Venture Exchange, AMEX and the JSE, on 1 June 2008 as President and Chief Executive Officer, a position he held until March 2011.
- Philip then joined Wits Gold a JSE and TSX listed mining company as Chief Executive Officer on 1 August 2011, a position he held until mid 2014 when the company was bought by Sibanye Gold. Philip then took over the reigns at Clover Alloys SA, a privately owned company with a strategy to grow the company into a fully-fledged mine to market business over the longer term.
- Roger is Chief Executive Officer of The Johannesburg Land Company Limited (JLC) (http://www.jhbland.com) a company created by the Fleming Family who saw the opportunities available following a period of decline and the potential for the rejuvenation of the Central Business District (CBD) and inner city life.
- Roger and the JLC management team have been instrumental in bringing this vision to life and creating one of the largest landlords in downtown Johannesburg. JLC seeks to be the partner of choice for leading South African institutions seeking quality buildings, with credible management in a thriving business hub within Johannesburg.
- JLC is proud to count Standard Bank, Nedbank, Zurich Insurance, Vodacom, Anglo Platinum and other eminent organisations as valued clients, who have shared our vision.
- Hector Fleming is a Founder and Managing Partner of Fleming Wulfsohn Africa, an African investment company. He has over twelve years of private equity experience across Africa and other emerging markets. He is a joint CEO of Imara Holdings Limited which is listed on the Botswana stock exchange and is also a Director of The Johannesburg Land Company Limited, Clover Alloys SA Limited and Networks Yellowstripe Resources Limited.
- Mr Fleming is a former director of GoldMoney Inc and Netagio Holdings Limited and was previously an executive of Standard Chartered Bank’s private equity coverage team out of London with a central focus on Sub-Saharan Africa and was previously in the banks’ private equity group in Hong Kong and Singapore.
- Joint CEO of Imara Holdings Limited and founder of Fleming Wulfsohn Africa Limited whose main investment is Imara. Over 20 years financial services experience in Africa and the UK.
- Launched Fleming Wulfsohn Africa Limited in 2014 to source, invest and actively manage private equity and real estate opportunities in Central and Southern Africa. Having acquired control of Imara in 2017 all activity has migrated into the Imara Group.
- Since launching completed many transactions in Africa including leveraged buyouts of listed and private companies, turnarounds and restructuring of financial services and waste processing businesses as well as growth capital invested into private companies. Former Director of The Stenham Group, for 15 years.
- Led the transformation of Stenham from a multi-family office into an institutional fund manager. Held roles in London as Head of Business Development and COO of Asset Management and in Johannesburg being responsible for trade finance.
- Involved the Wulfsohn family interests in various businesses across Central and Southern Africa over many years.
- Qualified as a Chartered Accountant and worked at Arthur Andersen, London, in the Corporate Financial Services and Turnaround division; Holds the Investment Management Certificate of the Institute of Investment Management and Research, London and a BSc (Hons) from Manchester University.
- Raaj graduated with a BSc (Hons) degree in Business Management from Kings College London in 2001.
- Having worked in a professional environment for two years since graduating he formed Kalbro Investments Ltd in Sept 2003 which owns a portfolio of residential properties for rental purposes. In 2004 Life Care (UK) Ltd was acquired, the company’s first care home in Lincolnshire specialising in Mental Health. In 2007, KIL Ltd added another care home in NE Lincolnshire. Devaglade Limited has further extended over the years specializing in Dementia Care. A further three care homes in the years 2005-2006 were acquired in Norfolk specialising in Learning Disability bringing. His responsibilities include financial management and supervision of the Home Managers and administration for the whole group.
- He is also responsible for ensuring compliance of all the homes with various regulatory bodies.
- Paul has over 25 years’ experience in Commodities Markets, mainly in Ferro Alloys, including at Alex Johnson Ore & Metals, AIOC, Trans Commodities and finally running the Ferro Alloy and Minerals division T Marc Rich Investments.
- He started his own trading and consultancy business in 1998 trading in Chrome, Manganese ore and Ferro Alloys. In addition to the above Paul has also been a consultant for a number of leading companies in the industry including ENRC, Chelyabinsk, Ferbasa, Samancor, Kermas, Nikeltao Nickel, Bahrain Ferro Alloys and Gravmax working on Jigging projects in Europe, South America USA and CIS States.